Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014

"Burleson Here I Come!"


Hey Y'all!

So I am going to be getting transferred. My time in Hewitt has expired. Elder Smith is also going to be out of the Hewitt ward and is going to be serving in the YSA Branch that they have started a couple weeks ago. But good news for my area! It's a CAR area! Holy Cow I can't even tell all y'all how excited I was to hear that! So last week when I drove the car, it was a quick preview for my next area. Haha! My new companion will be Elder Reece, who is Hawaiian! This will be my 3rd Poly companion which means I'm 50% shooting from the field for Poly comps. I'm really excited. Elder Reece actually served in the Killeen 1st ward too! So we got some stuff to talk about and I got some questions for him as well. My new address is:

Elder Tyler O'Brien
355 NW Hillery St. #912
Burleson, TX 76028

So Burleson is my new area. I think that's what the ward is call as well but I'm not sure. But now for the update of this past week. We had a pretty good week. A couple weeks ago there was a family that brought over 2 friends for dinner and they weren't too interested in learning more. But that same family brought over a friend again and this guy is super interested! He goes to Baylor and doesn't have a religious background. He has loaded the member up with questions about the church and is really interested in what we believe. So he agreed on meeting with us and teaching him more about the church. So we had dinner with them and shared the Restoration with him. There was also another family in our ward that came over because they are all in the same class at school. So we gave each member something to teach from the Restoration so that we wouldn't be talking the whole time. It was one of the coolest lessons I've had on my mission so far! The Spirit was so strong! And it gets even better. So on Sunday we talked with the members that go to school with him and they said that the next day he came up to them and said he was already a couple chapters into the Book of Mormon! This guy is really solid! Elder Smith gets to continue to teach him because he is YSA age. So he is super lucky because this guy is Golden!

We were also able to teach another one of out investigators that we haven't been able to teach for awhile. We were at out dinner on Tuesday with some members and we asked the Dad if he would come and see someone with us before he dropped us off at our house. He agreed and we went over and taught the Restoration with him. She didn't remember anything that we had taught before so we had to review with her and it went really well! The member was really impressed that we were able to go teach someone right after dinner. It was totally by the Spirit too.

So I was also able to go to a Chiropractor in the ward this week. He helped me out so much! I can now carry my bag all day and not have it hurt my back! But the best part is that it was for free as well! :) So that really helped out this week a lot! I'm not going to lie, I'm really going to miss the ward here. Especially the Bishop! He is really awesome! I'm going to for sure have to come back and see him. He's helped us out a lot in this ward. Today for P day we are going to go down to Temple for our last P Day and have it as a zone. We are going to be playing basketball and scatterball. So we are exctited for that! Next email y'all get I'll be up in the Fort Worth area. Love you guys! Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment