Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2, 2014

"Ice Bucket Challenge!"

Hey Y'all!

So this week was for sure a different one. We went on exchanges with our District Leader and I was with his companion down in Temple. We were teaching one of their investigators and the plan was to finish teaching the Restoration and set a baptism date. He wants to get baptized but we had to make sure that he knows and believes in everything first. So we are teaching him and all the sudden we ask if he has any concerns about anything we talked about. And he paused and admitted that he was gay and that he doesn't know if he can change to get baptized. Man, Elder Chapman, the elder I was with, was pretty bummed out when we got to the car. He now figured out why he always wanted them to come over all the time....Haha! Glad that I don't have to deal with that. But it was pretty interesting. But we are now on exchanges again and I'm with Elder Schoenrock down in Temple again. So this email might be a little bit shorter because I only have an hour to get all my emails done. So I'm going to type as fast as I can.

Yesterday for P Day we had a lot of extra time on our hands because we weren't emailing for 1 1/2 hours in the morning. So we decided to do the Ice Bucket Challenge if y'all have heard about it. It's where you get a bucket of ice water dumped on your head. Lets just say that I was down for it and it was a very cold experience. Haha! However, I set a very high standard for everyone though. They were all going to do it standing up, and have 1 bucket dumped on them. While I took the idea from 2 members up in Euless, TX (Isi and Junior). So I sat on a bench and had stuck my feet in water and had a bucket poored on me and then I had the bucket that my feet were in dumped on my head as well. Needless to say I was cold, and I won with the most creative idea. Haha!

This week we had a super slow week in Hewitt. We weren't able to teach our one solid investigator. We had a dinner with 2 potentials last Monday and it ended up turning into a bash. Which sucked. But we finally have a set appointment with our solid investigator later today, but since we are on exchange, I won't be able to be there to teach. But I'm sure that the lesson will go really well. One of the youth that got his mission call is going there to help teach and it should be a really good lesson. We have interviews tomorrow with President and I'm excited as always to talk with President. I love that guy so much! I got some good questions for him and I'm sure that he's going to ask how the area down here is going. We also have a lot of less actives that we have planned to go see with the Ward Missionaries this week and they are excited to go out with us as well. So it should be a better week this week because we got a lot more stuff planned and we feel more prepared for this week as well. Thank you guys for all your emails and have a blessed week! Love Y'all!

Love,
Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment