Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014

"Burleson!

Hey Y'all!

First week in Burleson was really good! I spelled Elder Reas's name wrong last week but that's how you spell it. Haha! He is from San Diego, California and he is excited to get to work! Our area now is really big. It's about the same size as the ward down in Killeen, but the only difference is that we now have a car to get around, which makes a really big difference. However, without all the daily exercise and the way I've been eating, the weight might just start to come on. Haha! But I'll live with that. We have 850 miles for the month that we need to manage and in 3 days, we went 115 miles. So for you math people out there, we are on pace for going way over what we were given. Haha! The work here is pretty good as well. We are in the stage of finding people to teach. We have a few investigators right now, but we are looking to get a lot more people to teach. The ward just adjusted their ward boundaries and we have a lot of new members to go see. This is really good for us because we can meet them and immediately start working with them and their missionary efforts. Plus with General Conference just happening, we have a lot of talks that we can refer to to help us teach.

Speaking of Conference, it was so great this year! Man, it seems like I get more and more out of it each time I watch it. We watched one of the sessions at a members house and we also were able to have lunch there as well. We watched all the other sessions at the church building. Which was pretty good. It was kinda lonely because there was only like 10 people there total and they were from the other ward here. But I really enjoyed the Priesthood session this year. There was a lot of great messages this year that I will be thinking about and also printing out and reading again. 

Even though I'm excited to be here, there isn't much to report on this week. We didn't teach anyone except those that were recently baptized. However, they are some of the most solid converts I've met so far on my mission! One of them I met, she just got her Temple recommend and she is going to be going to the Temple this week. She is so excited about it! So that's really great for her! This week we have Zone Conference as well. I'm going to be seeing Elder Hyde there as well so I'm excited to see him. There's a lot of people that I know in our zone and the other zone that's next to us. So missionary wise, it's going to be a great area, and work wise, I know it's going to be fantastic! I love all y'all and thanks for the emails this week! 

Love,
Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment