Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015

"On To Hurst"

Hey Y'all!

So this morning we had transfer calls and I am going to be getting transferred to Hurst. I'm really sad that I'm not going to get to finish training Elder Smith, but It's all right. He has been doing a great job and I know that he will run the area great with a new companion. And funny enough, my new companion is Hurst is Elder Smith. Haha! This will be my 3rd Elder Smith that I've served with and so far, none of them are related to each other or Joseph Smith..Hopefully I'll serve with one who is related to him. Haha! My new addresss by the way is:

Elder Tyler O'Brien

But this week was a pretty good week for us. We were able to teach our investigator with a baptism date for the 14th of February. He is doing so awesome! He loves coming to church still and is so excited to get baptized! We were able to teach him the 10 commandments, Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy and the Law of Chastity. It went really well. He also started going to early morning Seminary this week and has been loving it! He has also continued to go to Youth activities and has made a lot of friends in the ward. This past weekend he went to a fireside with the youth even though it was raining the whole time. He was telling us on Sunday how much fun it was and how he has been a lot happier since he has been coming to church. He is ready to be baptized for sure. I'm really sad that I'm not going to be able to see it, but I know that it is going to be a great experience for him. We were also able to have some really good contacts this week. We got in touch with some referrals that we've had for awhile and we were able to set up some appointments with them this week. One of them is a co-worker of a member and has a lot of questions about why we do missions and what missionaries share when they are talking with people, which is everything that we have to talk about. Elder Smith is going to have a awesome couple weeks with his new companion. I'm really excited for him because he needs to have a good start on his mission so he can carry it through the whole thing.

On Friday we went up to the followup trainer meeting. This is where everyone that is training this transfer and those that are going to be training next transfer get together and talk about training. So we went up there and we were able to receive a lot of great instruction from President Ames. You an really tell that he loves every missionary that comes into the field because of the way he speaks and prepares each meeting for us. He talked a lot about how we are gathering Israel and how we need to make sure that each missionary knows that once they come to the mission field. I feel like Elder Smith had a good understanding of the before he came out, so I got lucky with him. Haha! But there were quite a few people there that I knew that were training now. The Elder Smith that I served with down in Hewitt is now training and I was really happy for him! He looked pretty nervous but was really excited to give it a go. I hope he has a good time as well. After the meeting, we went over to get our new car at the mission office. We got a 2015 Chevy Cruze! It's a really nice car. I enjoy driving it around! Too bad I can't take the car with me to Hurst. But after that we went to grab Lunch at Ana's Island Grill! Man I love that food! It was so good as usual!

So other than Noah, we shared some lessons with people on the street, but we didn't get any follow up appointments. It was a little tough finding people this week, which is really weird, but we still had a good time walking around and talking to people. This Sunday we had a ward Fast for missionary work! It was a really cool experience because there was a different feeling with the ward! Everyone seemed like they were wanting to do missionary work after church and it was awesome! The Fast was a success and we really hope to see the fruits of that within the next couple months for sure! There were also a couple families that had brought friends to church that Sunday as well! I'm so grateful that they are catching fire! 

Last P Day we slept all the way til dinner after we emailed and shopped. It was an awesome relaxing day. We are hopefully going to be playing some basketball today and have some fun with all the missionaries in our zone. I hope all yall have a great week! I can't believe it's already February! January went by way too fast! Love yall!

Love,
Elder O'Brien

p.s. Did the groundhog see his shadow?? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment