Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015 (3 more days by the way!)

"Deuces!"

Well well well..... I can't believe that this week has come. Holy crap this mission went by really fast! I'm really at a loss of words. Wednesday we went to the temple as a district. So just 4 of us. It was really amazing! I was able to receive answer to a question I've had for awhile now and another answer came at my exit interview which will be talked about later.

So this is how the rest of the week will go. So today is P Day so we are going to go play basketball and volleyball. After that we have an appointment with an investigator this evening. Tomorrow we are going
to lunch at Spring Creek barbecue, and we have an appointment in the afternoon, and we also have two appointments in the evening. Wednesday I'm going to be going to transfers and get there at about 845. Then I will be going to the temple with the other missionaries that are going home with me for the rest of the day. I don't know how long, but we will be there for a while. I know that there will be a testimony meeting and President will want to talk with us in the evening, but I don't know the details or timeframe of that. Thursday, I think that's
the day I fly home. I'm not really sure yet, but we will see what happens. Ha ha ha! Not really, I do know that I fly home ThursdayIt's going to go by really fast though. Not excited for the fast part, but it is what it is.

I'm so grateful for the testimony that I have been able to develop on my mission. I was able to have my exit interview this past week and it was amazing! He told me some pretty amazing things and gave me some
really good advice. I told him my plan for the coming year and he was really impressed of my plan. So I felt really good about that. He has been an amazing Mission President! I couldn't of asked for a better
President. Sometimes I went through phases on my mission where I thought I wasn't noticed by him, but after the interview I knew that he was watching me learn and grow every step of the way. I'm so grateful
for him. I'm grateful for the love of the scriptures that I've gained on my mission! I never thought I would have that desire to read from them every day. I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon to be the
word of God. They both testify of Christ. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is that Lords Kingdom established on the Earth
again. But the greatest knowledge that I've received on my mission, and the greatest relationship is in my Savior Jesus Christ. He truly loves us and he truly shows us the correct way to get back to our Heavenly
Father and Jesus Christ. The Atonement that was made by him is real. And everyone is able to use it. I've seen it change me on my mission. I've loved my mission so much! The people here in Texas are amazing!
I've loved talking with them and working with the members down here. I was meant to come to Texas. I wasn't sure before my mission, but now I know that I was meant to be here.

As for the rest of my week, it can be summed up in one scripture. 2 John 1:12. Look it up and that will be the answer about what happened my last week. Can't wait to see my family and friends back at home,
but I'm also sad to leave those I've grown close to here in Texas. Thanks for following along in my emails and we will be in touch after I get home! 

Love y'all! God Bless!

Love,
Elder O'Brien

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment