Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 27, 2014


Malolele!

First off sorry about yesterday, it was a national holiday so the library was closed for the day. But it's open today. Tomorrow is transfers and I'll be here for 6 more weeks partying with the Tongans! Yeah buddy!!! Super excited about that. Elder Fifita will be staying too. However, even with the announcement about the Sisters losing cars, we did not receive a car. We were pretty bummed about that, but we got over it really quick. But this week was pretty awesome!

We started off by having a lesson with our Ward Mission Leaders brother. We also brought over a member who used to be the bishop in the ward. We had planned to talk about the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ with him, but we ended up only talking about Faith and why it's important. The other member we brought with us ended up talking about Faith in his own way from what we were explaining it and it took like 25 minutes of the time. By then it was already 8:30 and we were a good 15 minute drive from our house and there was a guarantee stop at McDonalds on the way back too. So we ended up having to close and save it for next Monday, which was yesterday. But they canceled on us because they were doing something together as a family for the holiday.

This week we were also able to pick up a new investigator in our apartment complex. He has been taught by missionaries before in the past and hasn't really progressed. We stopped by last Sunday night to meet him and we set up a breakfast with him and his family. His wife is Samoan and is a member and her mom lives with them too. Typical Tongan home. But we brought a member with us, Joe, who usually comes out with us every week, and we found out that they are related down the line. But we had a good meal with them and talked about the Book of Mormon. It went really good and you could tell that he was interested again. We are actually seeing him today after we go have some lunch at Ana's. I think I've already told y'all this but Ana's is a Hawaiian food Grill that is bomb! She makes the best poly food and it's SUPER filling too. Like if I could only have 1 meal a day for the rest of my life, I would make sure I eat there because I know I'll be full for the rest of the day. Haha! It's awesome!

Yesterday, we were able to play an extra 2 hours of basketball due to the holiday. We also played volleyball too. My arm is really sore from all the spiking that I did on everyone there. Man, I had to ice last night. Haha! I didn't really but I probably should've. I'm hurting today. That's really all that happened this week. Kind of a slow week but we were able to fight through it. Love you guys so much and have a fantastic week!

Love,

Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment